Places of Interest
- Fort Of Ater : It was built by Bhadauria King Badan Singh, Maha Singh and Bakhat Singh in the era 1664-1668 after them the area is known as “BADHWAR”. It is located deep inside the ravines of Chambal. Now it is in a dilapidated condition.It is located 35 Kms in west of the Bhind city. Transportation is available from 6 Am to 4 Pm. One can go by bus or jeep which are easily available from the Bus stand/ Ater Road.The main attractions of the fort are ‘Khooni Darwaza’, ‘Badan Singh Ka Mahal’, ‘Hathiapor’, ‘Raja Ka Bangla’, ‘Rani Ka Bangla’ and ‘Barah Khamba Mahal’. Another fort situated in the Bhind city was also built by Bhadoriya King to keep control over rebellions in the era 1654-1684. During Scindia reign Darbar hall was constructed in which at present a museum is conducted by District Archeological Association Bhind (M.P).
- Vankhandeshwar Temple : It is located in Bhind town. It is a Shiv Mandir built by the Mandir built by the king, Prathwiraj Chauhan in 1175 AD. It is told that “Jyoti” is continously flamed since then.
- Jain Temples Of Baranso : These are the old temples and their existence is located to the visit of Lord Mahavir Swami in the area.Located on Bhind Gwalior Road , 5 Kms in south east of Bhind. The only available means of transport are tanga or personal vehicle.
- Mata Renuka Temple At Jamdara : It is located in Gohad Tehsil near Mau and is told as the birthplace of Maharshi Parashuram. Folklore linked to Parashuram is that his father ordered to cut the head of Mother Renuka which he complied with and as a prize asked for revival of the dead Mother which Maharshi Jamdagini, his father solicited.The temple was built at the place of this activity.In the temple the idol of Deity Mother Renuka with a separated head is there in the temple.
- Naraddev Temple : It is a Shiv Temple located on the banks of river, Sindh. It is old and Maharshi Narad worshipped here. It is being renovated.
- The Fort Of Gohad : It was built by Jat Kings Maha Singh in 16th century .The fort is dilapidated but a Mahal is still housing several Government offices. The fine carvings of Mahal is still worth viewing.The ‘Kachhari Mahal’ is a unique example of the Iranian Art. One can reach there by bus.Apart from these places, the world famous ravines are the places worth visiting. These are providing hide out in the district to law disobeying persons. Five rivers which flow around the district mainly Pahuj, Sindh, Kunwari, Chambal and Yamuna meet together in an area of 2 kms named as “PACHNADA” The places just neighboring to the district are actually located in U.P. but this is a rare phenomenon where five rivers confluence at one juncture.